Dynamic Cupping Therapy
Dynamic Cupping Therapy
Used for centuries, its popularity continues to grow as people seek alternative and natural methods for treatment.
Dynamic Cupping is a method of cupping - the therapist uses silicone cups using a negative pressure on the skin. The cup is suctioned onto the skin and then gliding movements either along the muscle fibre direction or against are used..
What Happens in a Cupping Treatment?
• Its basically the same as getting a massage except with added cupping techniques. Using cups during a treatment does not take away from a massage in-fact it enhances the massage experience.
• The therapist usually starts off with massage and palpates areas that may require cupping . The cups are then applied by pushing down on the cup to extract the air out of the cup. The therapist then moves the cup around which creates a stretching feeling.
• Most clients LOVE the feeling of the cups. The pulling/stretching is a relieving feeling and alleviates the tension out of a muscle.
Why Dynamic Cupping?
Breaks down fascial restrictions, scar tissue and adhesions
• Increases blood flow to muscles (enhances circulation)
• Stretches out the muscles – The “vacuum effect” of cupping pulls on the muscles and as the therapist glides the cup the muscle gets a gentle stretch
• Provides a feeling of relief from physical and emotional tensions
• Warms the skin, and softens tissues to regain elasticity
Cupping stretches out the fascia and muscles.
IT Band tightness, ankle and hip tightness.
Dynamic cupping also helps open up the shoulders by cupping along the pec muscles and front of the shoulder where the rotator cuff muscles attach.
. Cupping helps loosen up the lower back by working on the muscles along the spine and the top
of the gluts.
Cupping Therapy is a useful treatment for a variety of conditions, including:
Chronic bronchitis, Asthma
Is cupping painful ?
Your therapist will check in with you throughout the treatment to make sure you are comfortable. You can expect about the same amount of pressure/discomfort as you may feel during a therapeutic Swedish massage therapy treatment.
Should I take a shower or bath after a cupping treatment ?
Its better to stay away from warm temperatures 2 hours before and 2 hours after the treatment as it can lead to skin damage and inflammation.You can return to all your other regular activities after the treatment.
How long will the cups remain on my body ?
Therapy includes static placement of the cups and as well dynamic distraction while the therapist moves them around particular areas. Cups shouldn’t stay on one spot longer than 15 min, and can be removed sooner if there is any discomfort.
Does cupping treatment include a regular massage ?
Yes, the therapist will also use massage techniques before and after the cupping application in order to warm up and flush out the tissue. You will be comfortably draped by sheets and a blanket throughout.
Are there side effects of cupping ?
Yes, as with regular massage therapy and other manual treatments, some people may experience such as dizziness or light-headedness following the treatment if blood pressure is low, and there will be round marks on the areas treated.
How long will the marks stay?
Cupping leaves red, circular marks that can look like bruises - they are not . (and are not usually painful) These are caused by the increased circulation that the cups draw into the layers of the skin, and they usually last for around one week, sometimes a bit longer.